CURRENT/RECENT DIRECTING PROJECTS
Coming up in 2018
- Next To Normal-- a one-night-only benefit staged reading of this Pulitzer Prize-winning musical at the JCC in Manhattan. Starring Broadway's Christiane Noll and Darius de Haas! This performance will raise money for the JED Foundation. Read more here.
- Alec Silberblatt's The Angel of Allegheny County is getting a full production! Check back here in 2018 for more info.
- Luscious Lips is performing at Dixon Place! Friday December 15th at 7:30pm. Tickets here.
- Assisted director Ellie Heyman on Jinah Parker's SHE: A Choreoplay at the New York Society for Ethical Culture
- 25 minute excerpt of Cayenne Douglass' Luscious Lips performed at Under St. Marks as part of the FEAST Performance Series
- Guest director at The Bechdel Group's monthly reading series, featuring Alan Olejniczak's Transgress and Rachel Mann's Say It Out Loud
-Staged reading of The Angel of Allegheny County by Alec Silberblatt at Jimmy's No. 43, produced by the New Wave Theater Collective
- Frankie Stein, my children's musical with composer extraordinaire Dan Acquisto, performed at Merkin Concert Hall
-Patty by Manning Jordan performed at both Dixon Place and The Kraine
- Assisted director Daniella Topol on Sheila Callaghan's (Not) Water, performed at 3LD in association with New Georges
- Staged reading of Naked by Mike Poblete performed at The LGBT Center
- Queer Cuts, a cabaret queering traditional musicals, performed at Joe's Pub through LezCab
- graveyard shift by Korde Arrington Tuttle performed at The New School for Drama (see below)
by Korde Arrington Tuttle
directed by Daniella Caggiano
When Janelle relocates to Texas for the opportunity of a lifetime, she and her partner, Kane, are reminded that the consequences of being in the wrong place at the wrong time can be horrific. For three Waller County police officers, how might those same consequences manifest themselves along racialized and gendered lines? graveyard shift, loosely inspired by the legacy of Sandra Bland, is a love story about collision, opposing ideologies, interests, truth, and how the characters in this play make sense of them. Or don't.
by Caryl Churchill
directed by Daniella Caggiano
with original music by Teresa Lotz
November 11-19 2016
The New School for Drama
Nobody loves a scold.
Nobody loves a slut.
Nobody loves you unless you keep your mouth shut.
In a village in 17th century England, two women are threatened with death for the practice of witchcraft. What is a witch? And is it you? Vinegar Tom is a rock concert about hanging witches – with no witches.
Fun Home's Tony nominated Emily Skeggs
performing the title song "Three Times Fast" at 54 Below
Three Times Fast follows the coming of age of fifteen year old Olivia Klemons as she wades through the stress of high school, her mother’s remarriage, a move to a new house and her fresh diagnosis with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As Olivia faces her deepest fears through therapy with Dr. West, she uncovers strength she never knew she had. Through Olivia’s struggles and recoveries, her family members contemplate the habits that they have created to help them get through the day with a feeling of greater control over life’s uncertainties.